Monday, June 15, 2009

Go for it

Hey, Jude -

I thought of another quality I hope you embrace as you grow. Spontaneity. I hope you enjoy the unexpected and get a kick out of shaking up the daily routine now and again. Your Daddy and I are trying to instill this in you already. Take yesterday, for example...

We were on the phone with MeMe in the morning and she mentioned they were headed to our favorite seafood place in southern Rhode Island for dinner. Daddy looked at me and said, "You know, it's really only a 3 hour drive." With that, we packed your diaper bag, got in the car, and met MeMe, Pepe, and Auntie for dinner. Was it a little crazy? Maybe. But that's OK. It was worth it to have a really great day with our family and an unplanned visit with your grandparents and aunt. You got to see the ocean for the first time. You got to smell the salty air, hear the waves lap the beach. It was a special day for everyone because we got to experience that with you.

Being spontaneous is a good thing, my boy. Letting go of what is supposed to happen and reaching out to what might be can make a normal day an extraordinary day. Sometimes it's good to take a chance. Be prudent, of course, but take those chances that make your heart happy.

I love you my Jude, my sunshine, my nice boy.
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment