Friday, May 15, 2009

9 weeks

Hey, Jude -

You're 9 weeks old now. So tiny, yet so much bigger than you were. I've watched you grow every day - some days it seemed like you were visibly bigger at night than you were in the morning. What has it been like watching you grow?

It's been nothing short of inspiring. Seeing your small body get stronger all the time shows how amazing the human machine really is. Your muscles are larger, your tendons are tighter, your bones are longer, your eyes can see farther now (and in color!). Being able to see your growing strength makes me feel stronger, too.

You experience new things all the time. You're still very interested in sneezing. After each sneeze you make a little cooing sound. It's Daddy's favorite sound in the world. He looks forward to your sneezes just to hear you make that sound, like a little chirping bird. You like baths now. Your first few weren't exactly a rousing success, but ever since you've been able to get into the big tub you've had a really good time splashing around in there. Daddy holds you firmly, but lets you float a bit. You smile up at him and squeak out excited "aaahs" and "heees". I gave you a bath tonight. I got in the tub with you this time. You loved it. I loved it. And then you peed on me. Really! For the second time today, in fact.

Right now you're asleep in your swing right next to me. Duke, our faithful, dopey, loving dog is laying on the floor next to you, protecting you, keeping you safe.

I love you, my smiley boy, my nice boy.
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment